How we do - Remix How we do - Remix

reminded me of some 1984 electro music with those drum sequences. i think its the tom like drums that do it for me. i liked it!

Village on the Ridge Village on the Ridge

I really enjoyed this. Images of a walking over a hill and seeing this dim lit stone and thatch roof village on the edge of a grassland bluff came to me. as though i had been walking for days to find it.

wow, didn't even know it looped! kept listening for a while.

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

Thanks very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

CJO:Seaside Discovery CJO:Seaside Discovery

LOL MERMAID RAVE!

there are some interesting sounds in here, and some interesting filtering i can definetly see the underwater atmosphere you were going for. but at dat 2 min mark i was like im in da club main yeahh. popin bottles'n ice'n.

i also enjoyed the arp sequences.

say hello to stingray steve and cucumber cory for me :)

FNB - Wizard FNB - Wizard

loud

this song had the atmosphere of being more relaxing but it was pretty loud and didnt enable me to sit in that feeling, i think it was the saw lead or tri saw lead from the intro, it was slightly loud, over powered the percussions. the chord progression was really good, very pretty. i felt this would be a perfect song for an ending credit on a game or movie. i title didnt match the mood for me.

FilthyNeckBeard responds:

lol. Yeah it is pretty loud. I tried to tone it down to the best of my knowledge.

For the title, I just think of whatever comes to my head. It's not really too important to me. I changed the title anyway.

Thanks for the comment.

Halloween 3 FX Halloween 3 FX

big old fat mono thingy

so i was listening to the songs intro and i heard everything all compressed and in a big fat mono package, those laughs would have sounded better with some ping pong delay man.... idk, but that kick was good and hard. i thought that at 1:00 ish the more higher pitched instruments were well placed on the sides of the bass, but they couldnt easily be drowned out given a crappy system playing it loud. the bass was fat but not too fat, good work there. you had some really nice grainy basses, did you resample those to get that sound?

at :42 the way you made the filters sweep gave everything a great movement.

my favorite part was at :31 when those scream/ yelling noises(synth perhaps?) were made.

good work man, its a pretty awesome song.

axeFX responds:

Yeah I agree that shit was a bit mono. I don't have a good pair of headphones too test out the panning that well. Nothing was resampled, all post processing on the original synth. I didn't make the laugh, its just a sample with some effects on it and modulated. Although most of the rhythmic percussion is a synth.

oh and dude, get logic pro 9. Screw reason and ableton.

CJO:King Me CJO:King Me

DUDE, HOLY COW MAN

DUDE, i would totally get down town wid this in a club. that bass wus pump'n

dem squares at 1:55 was straight up tight like a turtle.

keep it real man

ChrisOrosco responds:

I like turtlez!!!1!

The Happy Itch The Happy Itch

pads

the thing i liked most about this song was your pads. i didnt care too much for the saw bass lead. but the song had some groove. the drums were pretty linear but fit the piece. i think the kick was a little too loud except for then wht padkicked in, did you sidechain that? good job.

anywho, a decent track, just not your best.

cRAVE01 responds:

There is only has an hour+'s work in it, so I would give this a 7 as well : ) No sidechaining. Thanks on the pad compliment tho ^___^

thanks for the review m8!

still sad (tears) still sad (tears)

i voted you a 5

i voted you a 5 because i feel like you actually thought about your music before you made it and this was very relaxing for me to listen to and it wasn't overbearing. this is very good music newgrounds.

i used to use garage band, great program!

i gave you a 9 on rating because i would have like to have heard a slower attack on your piano notes

Can't Be More Dissonant Can't Be More Dissonant

oooo

listen to those harmonics!

Windows Wars Windows Wars

crash

i love these windows songs, they sound like crash bandicoot. very creative

Step responds:

Crash Bandicoot? Never thought of that lol. Thanks a lot for the review, I'm glad you like this!